Updated as of 10/3/2010
- Non-Account Activity. You can access certain information on CAIROGOSSIP without having a a CAIROGOSSIP community account. You can also contact us about a particular content without having a CAIROGOSSIP Account.
Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on CAIROGOSSIP—like uploading pictures, posting comments, flagging items or accessing priveleged information—require you to have a CAIROGOSSIP Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a CAIROGOSSIP Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorised access.
Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use CairoGossip, communities, groups and favourites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the content you access and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in CAIROGOSSIP(including UI elements, settings and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or other content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the CAIROGOSSIP Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain and provide to you the general and personalised features and functionality of the CAIROGOSSIP Sites and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you upload content or send messages through the CAIROGOSSIP Sites and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the CAIROGOSSIP Sites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public. If you have enabled Active Sharing, other users have access to your Display Data.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific programme or feature for which you will have the ability to opt in or opt out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major CAIROGOSSIP Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the CAIROGOSSIP Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality and services by storing, tracking, analysing and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create an account on the site, some information regarding your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged in to your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), your country.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as uploading content or sending messages via the CAIROGOSSIP Sites. Other Users can contact you via messages and comments.
- You can also choose to add personal information that will be visible to other Users on your channel page (the public facing page for your account on the site). This may include a profile picture, your name, gender, relationship status or other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your channel page, these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other Users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed friends or other Users. Such shared activity may include videos you add as favourites, videos you rate and videos you have uploaded.
- Any content that you submit to the CAIROGOSSIP Sites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public. If you have enabled Active Sharing, other users may see that you, as identified by your account name (not your email address), are watching the same video.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the CAIROGOSSIP Sites, in which case you can still view content and explore the CAIROGOSSIP Sites, but CAIROGOSSIP may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your CAIROGOSSIP account profile page.
- You may clear your viewing history at any time through the "Viewing History" feature on your browser.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
CAIROGOSSIP does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific programme or feature for which you will have the ability to opt in or opt out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks CAIROGOSSIP to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men aged 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men aged 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the CAIROGOSSIP Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
The current list of third-party ad servers or ad networks that CAIROGOSSIP has a relationship with is available here:
For questions concerning the product or your account, please have a look at the CairoGossip.com page.
For more information about our privacy practices, write to us at:
38 Faluga St.