As Omar Samra prepares for his next adventure, where he will be accompanying his travel company Wild Guanabana on a trip to Nepal, we thought we’d find out what is essential to the first Egyptian to climb Everest and possibly the first Egyptian to space. Now that, is kind of a BIG FUCKING DEAL in case you weren’t aware.
So after he took time off his very busy schedule to share his essentials with us, here’s what we got:
1. Ice Axe: For climbing up steep and cold stuff
2. Stopwatch: To time my fitness training intervals and motivational talk practice
3. Kindle: To read A LOT especially on the mountains
4. Goal Zero solar panel: The future of the grid, is OFF grid! Now I never run out of power anyway, while climbing or working off my laptop in town
5. Smurf: He keeps me happy when I’m alone on long expeditions with his silly face and sense of humor
6. GoPro Hero2: A tiny light video and still 170 degree camera that documents my expeditions and whatever else
7. Marwa: My wife is a definite essential on most things i do and on expeditions she can sometimes pack tidily in a duffle bag
If you want to help Omar become the first Egyptian in space, click HERE.
And Omar, I’d ask if ducks get a special offer, but it really doesn’t get any better than THIS anyways. I’m totally not promoting the trip or anything. At all.