Oh, how we wish we could be unadulterated kids again, doing whatever popped into our little heads. It’s probably best that we grew out of that, though; sometimes it got weird….. Here’s a list of those stranger things.
1. Setting the microwave to ONLY even numbers.
2. Rehearsing conversations in our heads and being disappointed when people in real life didn’t follow the script.
(Ok, we still do that…)
3. Favouring one stuffed animal over the others.
4. Pretending our juice was really wine.
5. Mimicking someone for the sole purpose of annoying them.
6. Skipping the actual story in a book and just looking at all the pictures.
7. Practicing ‘swallowing pills’ with M&Ms.
8. Making arch enemies over a card game.
9. Imagining ourselves as a character in our favorite cartoon.
10. Lip-syncing to our favorite songs and pretending to be a pop star.
11. Inventing our own ‘secret’ language.
12. Writing our name with our crush’s surname.
(Future Mrs. Jonas, right here)
13. Pretending the shower was a rainstorm.
14. Trying to write with our other hand.
15. Buying a cereal we didn’t even like just for the prize in the box.
16. Pretending our best friend was actually our sibling.
17. Trying to threaten our siblings so they wouldn’t tell on us.
(If they didn’t, you were one lucky SOB)
18. Asking the server at McDonald’s to switch our Happy Meal toy.
(Because you already had 3 of that one)
19. Pretending our temporary tattoo was *real*.
20. Pretending to be asleep whenever our parents wanted something.
Face it, kids are basically tiny drunk people.
By Salma Thanatos Rizk